A few wee lists...
Things I will miss:
- friendly people with awesome accents (and linguistically appropriate speech impediments)
- checking out of hotels at 11 or 12o'clock
- glasses with the name of the drink written on them (no more forgetting which one is the light beer!)
- knowing a song about every place we visit
- interesting flavoured crisps (e.g. haggis, pickled onion)
- taxi drivers that know where they are going
- constantly singing the Haymarket ad in Edinburgh with Steph
- museums that are free because they are funded by the National Lottery
Reasons I'm excited to be coming home:
- seeing friends and family again (just so I can tell stories and bore you all to death with hundreds and thousands of photos!)
- sleeping in the same bed for more than three nights - especially my own bed, with my own pillow
- having a wardrobe, not a suitcase
- not being on a plane for 24 hours
Things I never thought I'd say:
- "gee this vegetarian haggis is delicious"
- "oh it's twelve degrees today - nice and warm..."
- "fly fishing in Dundee? Great idea!"
- "I got this bruise from falling off a Segway"
- "actually I don't feel like bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning"
- "a castle? Meh"
- "Simon you made it through that museum so quickly!" (just kidding, I never said that... Haha!)